Sunday, August 28, 2016

Been over a month since I last updated

Hey, everyone. Apologies for being out of touch with social media. I've been meaning to organize my schedule better so I can make the most out of the time I have available. This includes the courses I'm taking on Alison along with Codecademy, staying caught up on Duolingo while still working on my designs.

I've been recently getting over a sore throat this week. Luckily, I am almost completely recovered from it thanks to some cough drops. I've also been using peppermint tea and aromatherapy to help as well.


On the plus side, I've been working out more consistently thanks to the weight room for my apartment.


The recreation room really helps keep you motivated.


I've also been busy putting together some textures to liven up my designs. Here are some of them I've made. I'll upload them to deviantART when I get the first batch of them completed


And to celebrate the upcoming fall, I recently sketched out a drawing that'll be made into an illustration for products in my art shops.


In other news, I'm still trying to organize my room, and I'm planning to do some shopping soon with fall rapidly approaching. I'm especially excited for fall because this will be my first year without going back to school for fall. I'll admit, I do miss the feeling you get when you're in an academic setting, but at the same time it's a huge relief not having to juggle classes and work. I think it'll be much easier to appreciate every aspect of the holidays from putting together a costume for Halloween, to preparing for guests for Thanksgiving, to shopping for the family for Christmas, and celebrating with the family on New Year's Eve. All that includes working in retail leading up to each holiday. Am I going to work for a bachelor's in graphic design when I have the time and money? Maybe. But on the other hand, a bachelor's isn't particularly necessary with graphic design when it is really the portfolio and internship is essential.

That's all I have for now. I hope this is the last time I suddenly drop this blog I've been trying to update semi-regularly.

- Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment