Saturday, November 12, 2016

...

I apologize for this post about the election for being a few days late. The results on election night came out when it was time for me to get to bed, the day after I was physically exhausted from being able to get little sleep, and the other two days I ended up two busy to sit down and write. But here I am now.

If you noticed from what I have written earlier, I was in complete shock over the results. I voted for Clinton and was completely sure that she was going to win. But nope, Trump won by electoral college. I'm legitimately terrified what's going to happen in these four years. I pictured wanting to move to Canada, and basically escape. Sadly I can't because I'm too poor to live off a decent income if I were to move.

The short answer to all of this is that I didn't want Trump to win. Can he end up doing better than a lot us think? Maybe, it's possible, but for now I'm going to remain skeptical.

The most that we can all do is look out for one another, stay up to date on current events and try to volunteer for each other. That's what I'm going to do. We made it through the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War, other shady folks as our presidents, and at least one other economic recession. We can make it through this. Let's keep fighting for our rights!


- Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment